No. You must either call in your order or fill out our Patient form and fax it to us at 713 782-2644. Please visit our Fill Rx page for detailed information on how to place an order.
9:00 - 5:00 Mon-Fri
Compounding is the method of preparing customized medications to help meet unique physician and patient needs.
As defined in the NABP (National Association Board of Pharmacy) Model State Pharmacy Act:
- The preparation, mixing, assembling, packaging, or labeling of a drug or device (i) as a result of a practitioner’s prescription drug order or initiative based on the Practitioner / Patient / Pharmacist relationship in the course of professional practice,or (ii) for the purpose of or as an incident to research, teaching, or chemical analysis, and not for resale or dispensing.
- Compounding also includes the preparation of drugs or devices in anticipation of prescription drug orders based on routine, observed patterns.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a compounding pharmacist do?
What is the difference between a regular pharmacy and a compounding pharmacy?
Compounding pharmacists focus on providing innovative patient care. This may involve compounding a formulation that is free of preservatives and dyes, providing bio-identical hormone replacement therapy, or preparing a unique delivery system of prescribed medication. Also known as a problem solver, a compounding pharmacist’s ultimate goal in preparing customized medications is to help the physician or PA, and patient achieve a more positive therapeutic outcome.
Regular pharmacies only offer medications already mass-produced on the market. compounding pharmacies like Compounding Pharmacy Solutions specialize in making custom-tailored drugs, in addition to offering the same non-compounded and
over-the-counter medications that patients can obtain from regular pharmacies.
Why would I need a compounded preparation?
- The medication you need is not produced commercially
- To tailor the dosage of your medication
- To provide an altered method of medication delivery
- To avoid allergies to ingredients found in non-compounded drugs
We can compound any item in any dosage form customized to your individual needs such as: Balm, Capsule, Cream, Gels, Organo-Lecithin gel, Transdermal Gels, Liquid, Lip Balm, Lollipop, Lozenges, Popsicle and Suppository.
We can also customize flavors to suit the taste of the patient. At Compounding Pharmacy Solutions, we will compound any medication, in any dosage form, prepared to the doctor's exact specifications.
Do you fill prescriptions for non-compounded drugs?
Yes. We do everything a basic pharmacy does and much more!
How do I obtain a compounded preparation?
First, your physician must prescribe it to you and either write you a prescription or call our pharmacy. Then you must place an order with us. Delivery is available to your home or office.
How do I get my prescription filled or refilled by Compounding Pharmacy Solutions?
Please visit our Fill Rx page for detailed information on how to place an order.
Can I transfer my prescription from another pharmacy?
Can I place an order online or via e-mail?
Compounding Pharmacy Solutions
6105 Beverly Hill Street Suite 201 Houston, TX 77057
Home or Office
within a 10 mile radius.